A. All items shall be individually packaged at the original point of processing.
B. Packaging Requirements. A package of medical cannabis finished product shall:
(1) Be plain;
(2) Be opaque;
(3) Be tamper-evident, and if applicable or appropriate, child-resistant;
(4) Bear a finished-product lot number and an expiration date;
(5) Bear a clear warning that:
(a) The contents may be lawfully consumed only by a qualifying patient named on an attached label;
(b) It is illegal for any person to possess or consume the contents of the package other than the qualifying patient; and
(c) It is illegal to transfer the package or contents to any person other than a transfer by a caregiver to a qualifying patient;
(6) Bear a clear warning to keep the package and its contents away from children other than a qualifying patient;
(7) Bear the Maryland Poison Control Center emergency telephone number;
(8) Bear the name of the licensee that packaged the medical cannabis finished product and the telephone number of the licensee for reporting an adverse patient event;
(9) Bear any allergen warning required by law;
(10) Bear a listing of the non-medical cannabis ingredients;
(11) Bear an itemization, including weight, of all cannabinoid and terpene ingredients specified for the product, and concentrates of any cannabinoid of less than one percent shall be printed with a leading zero before the decimal point; and
(12) Leave space for a licensed dispensary to attach a personalized label for the qualifying patient.
C. Packaging Prohibitions. A package of medical cannabis finished product may not bear any:
(1) Resemblance to the trademarked, characteristic or product-specialized packaging of any commercially available candy, snack, baked good or beverage;
(2) Statement, artwork or design that could reasonably mislead any person to believe that the package contains anything other a medical cannabis finished product;
(3) Seal, flag, crest, coat of arms, or other insignia that could reasonably mislead any person to believe that the product has been endorsed, manufactured, or used by any State, county or municipality or any agency thereof; and
(4) Cartoon, color scheme, image, graphic or feature that might make the package attractive to children.