A. A supervisee shall:
(1) Verify that the supervisor has been approved by the Board;
(2) Agree to and sign a Board-approved contract before initiating supervision;
(3) Attend and participate in supervision as agreed to in the supervision contract;
(4) Prepare for supervision using case materials related to the supervisee’s alcohol and drug counseling practice;
(5) Maintain documentation of supervisory sessions for at least 7 years, to be available for verification to the Board or its authorized agent, including:
(b) Duration; and
(c) Focus of the supervision; and
(6) Follow all terms of the written contract for supervision.
B. A supervisee may not engage in the practice of alcohol and drug counseling independently.
C. A supervisee shall provide each client with a copy of the supervisee’s professional disclosure statement, as required by Health Occupations Article, §17-507, Annotated Code of Maryland, stating:
(1) That the supervisee’s alcohol and drug counseling services are provided under supervision; and
(2) The name of the supervisor, including the supervisor’s address and contact information.
D. A supervisee shall obtain from each client a signed informed consent for treatment form which indicates that the client:
(1) Is aware that counseling services are being provided under supervision; and
(2) Consents to the recording of counseling sessions, and the sharing of client information, acknowledging that all of these materials may be shared with:
(a) The approved alcohol and drug supervisor of record; or
(b) The instructor supervising an education-related practicum.