A. The scope of practice for a certified professional counselor-alcohol and drug consists of the following activities:
(1) Biopsychosocial evaluation, including screening, assessment, and participating in the development of diagnostic impressions for SUDs and CODs;
(2) Treatment planning for SUDs and CODs, including initial, ongoing, continuity of care, discharge, and planning for relapse prevention;
(4) Service coordination and case management in the areas of SUDs and CODs;
(5) Counseling, therapy, and trauma-informed care with individuals, families, and groups in the areas of SUDs and CODs;
(6) Client, family, and community education;
(8) Professional and ethical responsibilities; and
(9) Supervisory responsibilities for all categories of certified alcohol and drug counselors or trainees in the certification track.
(1) To renew certified professional counselor-alcohol and drug certification, the applicant, before the current certificate expiration, shall:
(a) Complete an application on a form approved by the Board;
(b) Pay the required application fee set forth in COMAR 10.58.02; and
(c) Attest to completion of continuing education activities as specified in COMAR 10.58.05.05 and .06.
(2) The Board may not renew the certification of any certified professional counselor-alcohol and drug who fails to complete all requirements for renewal before the expiration date of the current certification.
C. The Board may not reinstate the certification of a certified professional counselor-alcohol and drug who has failed to renew for any reason.