A. An applicant for licensure in electrology shall:
(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) Be 18 years old or older;
(3) Be a high school graduate or equivalent; and
(4) Have successfully completed an electrology program that is in:
(a) Maryland and approved by the Board; or
(b) Another State, territory, or country that the Board determines is substantially equivalent to the program required by the Board in Maryland.
B. To apply for a license, an applicant shall:
(1) Comply with all of the requirements under Regulation .01A of this chapter; and
(2) Submit to the Board:
(a) Evidence of compliance with §A of this regulation;
(b) Information required by Regulation .03 or .04 of this chapter as appropriate;
(c) Any applicable fee as set by the Board in COMAR 10.53.12; and
(d) Any additional information required by the Board.
C. The Board shall issue a license to an applicant who meets the requirements for licensure.
D. A license may not be issued until the Board has:
(1) Received and reviewed the criminal history records information; and
(2) Approved the application.