A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Asthma data surveillance" means the ongoing and systematic collection, analysis, and interpretation of asthma-related information for the purposes of planning, implementing, and evaluating public health interventions to:
(a) Prevent asthma;
(b) Improve asthma health outcomes, including rates of asthma-related emergency department admissions, hospital admissions, and mortality; and
(c) Decrease health disparities associated with asthma.
(2) "Coalition" means the Maryland Statewide Asthma Coalition established by the Director of the Asthma Control Program under Health-General Article, §13-1704, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Health.
(4) "Local asthma coalition" means an alliance of individuals representing personal or organizational interests whose purpose is to reduce asthma prevalence, severity, and health disparities within a particular region or jurisdiction in Maryland.
(5) "Maryland Asthma Plan" means a comprehensive strategy that provides cohesive direction, objectives, strategies, and action steps for the Coalition to use in addressing asthma in Maryland.
(6) "Program" means the Maryland Asthma Control Program, which is established under Health-General Article, §13-1702, Annotated Code of Maryland.