A. The Council shall consist of 34 members appointed by the Secretary according to Health-General Article, §13-203, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. A member shall:
(1) Be a Maryland resident; or
(2) If a qualified Maryland resident is not available to be appointed to a Council position, possess special knowledge or training required for the Council position to which they are appointed.
C. A member that is subject to term limits:
(1) Shall serve a 4-year term;
(2) May serve two consecutive full terms;
(3) At the end of a term, shall continue to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies;
(4) If appointed after a term has begun, shall only serve for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies; and
(5) May not be reappointed to the Council for 4 years after serving two consecutive full terms.
D. Members shall serve on at least one committee.
E. The Council Chair shall:
(1) Be appointed by the Secretary;
(2) Serve a 2-year term;
(3) Be allowed to serve two consecutive terms; and
(4) Appoint the Chairs of the committees.