A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Chronic disease” means a noncommunicable condition that is a major cause of sickness or disability, including, but not limited to:
(a) Heart disease;
(c) Arthritis; and
(2) “Council” means the State Advisory Council on Health and Wellness established by Health-General Article, §13-202, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) “Evidence-based program” means a program that:
(a) Engages the community in assessment and decision making;
(b) Uses data and information systems to inform program activities;
(c) Is based on peer-reviewed evidence;
(d) Uses program-planning frame works;
(e) Conducts evaluation; and
(f) Disseminates the results of the evaluation.
(4) “Healthy lifestyle” means behaviors that promote wellness and prevent disease including, but not limited to:
(a) Maintaining a healthy weight;
(b) Engaging in regular physical activity;
(c) Refraining from smoking;
(d) Limiting consumption of alcohol;
(e) Reducing stress; and
(f) Getting sufficient sleep.
(5) “Quorum” means a majority of the full membership of the Council or of a committee.
(6) “Secretary” means the Secretary of Health.