A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Customer" means a member of the public who is provided access to a tanning device in exchange for a fee, membership dues, or other compensation.
(2) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Health.
(3) "Health officer" means the health officer of each of the 23 counties in Maryland and the Commissioner of Health in Baltimore City, the duly designated representative of the health officer, or both.
(4) "Minor" means an individual younger than 18 years old.
(5) "Owner" means an individual or entity having an ownership interest in a tanning facility.
(6) "Person-in-charge" means an owner, operator, manager, employee, or other individual who controls, governs, or directs the activities of a tanning facility and is present on site.
(7) "Radiation" means ultraviolet radiation.
(8) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Health or the Secretary's designee.
(9) "Tanning device" means any equipment that emits radiation used for tanning of the skin, including sunlamps, tanning booths, or tanning beds.
(10) "Tanning facility" means any place where a tanning device is used for a fee, membership dues, or other compensation.