A. If a licensee performs or offers to perform forensic analyses in the discipline of Biology-DNA analysis, a forensic laboratory shall have a technical leader who:
(1) Meets the qualifications set forth in this chapter; and
(2) Is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the section or unit in a forensic laboratory that performs forensic analyses for DNA.
B. Based on the scope of forensic analysis services, a licensee may employ one or more technical leaders who:
(1) Meet the qualifications of this chapter; and
(2) Are responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of:
(a) The forensic laboratory; or
(b) A specific section or forensic science discipline in a forensic laboratory.
C. A technical leader:
(1) Is not required to be on-site in the forensic laboratory at all times forensic analyses are performed; and
(2) Shall be:
(a) Available to forensic laboratory employees as needed to provide technical and scientific oversight and assistance; and
(b) Accessible to forensic laboratory employees to provide on-site, telephonic, or electronic consultation.