A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Assisted living program” has the meaning stated in Health Occupations Article, §19-1801, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) "Contractual employee" means a dental hygienist who has an annual contract to practice dental hygiene an average of at least 8 hours per week in a facility identified in Regulation .09A of this chapter.
(3) "Facility" as used in Regulation .09 of this chapter includes a program operated within a facility that is specified under Regulation .09 of this chapter, but excludes “long-term care facilities” which are regulated in Regulation .10 of this chapter.
(4) "Federally qualified health center" has the meaning stated in 42 U.S.C. §254b(a).
(5) "Federally qualified health center look-alike" has the meaning stated in 42 U.S.C. §1396d(l)(2)(B).
(6) "General supervision" means the supervision of a dental hygienist by a dentist where the dentist may or may not be present when the dental hygienist performs the dental hygiene procedures.
(7) ”Long-term care facility” means:
(a) A nursing home; or
(b) An assisted living program.
(8) “Nursing home” has the meaning stated in Health Occupations Article, §19-1401, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(9) "On-site supervision" means the supervision of a dental hygienist by a dentist who is physically present on the premises and may or may not be present in the operatory when the dental hygiene services are provided.
(10) "Waiver of on-site supervision" means that a facility has been approved by the Board to enable a licensed dental hygienist to provide dental hygiene services under general supervision.