A. A preceptor who is a Board-approved licensed chiropractor or an extension faculty member may delegate duties within the scope of oneís license, which constitute the practice of chiropractic, to an extern in accordance with COMAR 10.43.
B. A preceptor may permit an extern to perform chiropractic duties as part of a clinical program, subject to the following conditions:
(1) The preceptor shall maintain direct supervision of the extern;
(2) The clinical training program shall be governed by a written agreement between the externís accredited Board-approved educational institution and the preceptor that:
(a) Has been approved by the Board;
(b) Describes the specific program;
(c) Enumerates the functions the extern may perform; and
(d) Indicates the legal responsibilities assumed by the externís accredited Board-approved educational institution;
(3) The accredited Board-approved educational institution shall submit to the Board the names of those doctors selected as extension faculty members. The Board shall notify the educational institution of those approved for the program;
(4) A licensed chiropractor may not supervise more than one extern during the same period;
(5) A licensed chiropractor may delegate or permit only duties and functions which are established as part of the clinical training program;
(6) The extern may not supervise chiropractic assistants or trainees; and
(7) An extern applicant that is a licensed chiropractor in another state shall have a preceptor sponsor.
C. A preceptor may permit a licensed extern to perform chiropractic duties as part of the chiropractic practice providing the preceptor:
(1) Maintains direct supervision of the extern; and
(2) Ensures the compliance of the extern to the conditions set forth under Regulation .03B(7) of this chapter.
D. A preceptor with a license to practice chiropractic with physical therapy privileges may supervise an applicant applying for a license to practice chiropractic:
(1) With physical therapy privileges; and
(2) Without physical therapy privileges.
E. A preceptor with a license to practice chiropractic without physical therapy privileges may only supervise an extern applying for a license to practice chiropractic without physical therapy privileges.
F. Malpractice insurance in an amount defined by the Council on Chiropractic Education shall be obtained:
(1) Before the clinical program begins, by the externís:
(a) Accredited Board-approved educational institution; and
(b) Extension faculty member participating in the clinical program; or
(2) By the preceptor sponsor of an extern applicant.
G. A licensed chiropractor seeking preceptor status shall:
(1) Submit a completed written application to the Board;
(2) Pay the fee as set forth in COMAR 10.43.06;
(3) Provide written evidence of malpractice insurance as requested by the Board; and
(4) Agree to an administrative inspection of the chiropractic office spaces, equipment, and records as directed by the Board.