A. The Board shall renew a license for an additional 2-year period if the social worker:
(1) Completes 40 (30 for Licensed Bachelor Social Workers) continuing education units within the renewal period, of which a minimum of:
(a) 20 (15 for Licensed Bachelor Social Workers) continuing education units shall be obtained from approved programs which are Category I;
(b) 3 of the required Category I or Category II continuing education units shall have a content area focusing on ethics and professional conduct, including boundary issues, or pertaining to the standards of practice and laws governing the profession of social work in Maryland; and
(c) For registered and Board-approved supervisors, 3 of the required Category I or Category II continuing education units shall have a content area focusing on supervision as stipulated in COMAR 10.42.08.04A(2)(c);
(2) Submits an application as set forth in COMAR 10.42.01 attesting to completion of the required continuing education units in approved programs; and
(3) Completes the required continuing education units within a 2-year period as set forth in §B of this regulation.
B. Time Frame.
(1) Renewed licenses are valid for a 2-year period from November 1 through and including October 31, during which time continuing education units may be earned.
(2) Continuing education units obtained in one renewal period may not be carried over to the next renewal period.