A. When the applicant has met all the requirements for licensure, the Board may issue a physical therapist license to the applicant.
B. Renewal of Physical Therapist License.
(1) The licensee shall renew the physical therapist license biennially.
(2) The licensee shall be responsible for notifying the Board if a renewal notice is not received.
(3) The Board may issue a renewal license to the licensee who meets the requirements of Health Occupations Article, §13-311(c), Annotated Code of Maryland.
C. Method of Renewal Notification.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in §C(2) of this regulation, the Board shall mail notices for renewal at least 1 month before the expiration date.
(2) If requested by a licensee, the Board shall send to the licensee, at least two times within the month before a license expires, a renewal notice by electronic means to the last known electronic mail address of the licensee.
(3) If a renewal notice sent by electronic mail under §C(2) of this regulation is returned to the Board as undeliverable, the Board shall send to the licensee a renewal notice by first-class mail to the last known address of the licensee.
D. The Board may issue a duplicate license for a lost, stolen, or destroyed license provided the licensee:
(1) Makes a request in writing;
(2) Provides a sworn statement or police report attesting to the facts; and
(3) Pays the fee as established in COMAR 10.38.07.
E. The Board may not issue a license under this subtitle if the results of the criminal history records check required pursuant to Regulation .01C(3) of this chapter has not been received.