A. When the applicant has met all the requirements for licensure, the Board may issue a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant license to the applicant.
B. Renewal of Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant License.
(1) The licensee shall renew the license biennially.
(2) The licensee shall be responsible for notifying the Board if a renewal notice is not received.
(3) A renewal license shall be issued to each licensee who meets the requirements of Health Occupations Article, §13-311(c), Annotated Code of Maryland.
C. Method of Renewal Notification.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in §C(2) of this regulation, the Board shall mail notices for renewal at least 1 month before the expiration date.
(2) If requested by a licensee, the Board shall send to the licensee, at least two times within the month before a license expires, a renewal notice by electronic means to the last known electronic mail address of the licensee.
(3) If a renewal notice sent by electronic mail under §C(2) of this regulation is returned to the Board as undeliverable, the Board shall send to the licensee a renewal notice by first-class mail to the last known address of the licensee.
D. A duplicate license shall be issued for a lost, stolen, or destroyed license provided the licensee:
(1) Makes a request in writing;
(2) Provides a sworn statement or police report attesting to the facts; and
(3) Pays the fee as established in COMAR 10.38.07.