A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Activity" means any authoring, editing, learning, presenting, program developing, reviewing, or teaching which meets the objectives of continuing education.
(2) "Approved program" means an activity by an authorized sponsor.
(3) "Authorized sponsor" means an individual or organization whose programs are accepted by the Board as continuing education activity.
(4) "Board" means the Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
(5) “Continuing education (CE)” means learning experiences that:
(a) Are professional activities beyond that required for licensure or registration;
(b) Are relevant to psychological practice, education, or science;
(c) Enable psychologists and psychology associates to keep pace with emerging issues and technology; and
(d) Allow psychologists and psychology associates to develop, maintain, and increase competencies in order to improve services to the public and enhance contributions to the profession.
(6) "Continuing education (CE) hour" means approximately 1 hour of continuing education activity, unless stated otherwise in Regulation .04 of this chapter.
(a) “Course” means an activity:
(i) With one or more instructors who are experts in the topic and impart knowledge or professional skills by a systematic presentation to participants;
(ii) That may be offered in person or in real time through electronic means; and
(iii) That allows for interaction between the leader and the participants or among the participants.
(b) “Course” includes seminars, symposiums, and workshops.
(8) “Independent study” means an activity requiring the study of print or electronic materials offered by approved sponsors approved for CE for independent or home study that is not a course as defined in §B(7) of this regulation.
(9) “Peer consultation group” means a group of psychologists that meets in person, in a structured and organized manner, and discusses the clinical practice of psychology in order to broaden professional knowledge and expertise.
(10) “Reporting period” means a 2-year period beginning on April 1, except as stated in Regulation .04C of this chapter, during which the completion of a minimum number of CE hours is required to renew a license or registration by March 31 following the reporting period.