A. To qualify for a license, an applicant shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) Be at least 21 years of age;
(3) Have a doctorate in naturopathic medicine from an approved naturopathic medical program;
(4) Pass a competency based national naturopathic licensing examination part I and part II administered by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners or its successor agency that is consistent with federal standards of education and training;
(5) Be physically and mentally capable of safely practicing naturopathic medicine with or without reasonable accommodation; and
(6) If an applicant is licensed, certified, or registered to practice naturopathic medicine or any other health occupation in another state, be in good standing with the applicable state licensing, certification, or registration authority.
B. To apply for a license, an applicant shall:
(1) Submit an application to the Board on a form that the Board requires;
(2) Pay to the Board an initial application fee as specified in Regulation .20 of this chapter;
(3) Submit to the Board a written attestation as provided in Regulation .05 of this chapter; and
(4) If the applicant has been licensed, certified, or registered to practice naturopathic medicine in another state, submit all evidence relating to:
(a) Any disciplinary action taken or any administrative penalties assessed against the applicant by the appropriate state licensing, certification, or registration authority; and
(b) Any consent agreements into which the applicant entered that contain conditions placed on the applicant’s professional conduct and practice, including any voluntary surrender of a license.
C. Additional Requirements. An applicant shall submit to a criminal history records check in accordance with Health Occupations Article, §14-308.1, Annotated Code of Maryland, by submitting to the Central Repository:
(1) Two complete sets of legible fingerprints taken on forms approved by the Central Repository and the Federal Bureau of Investigation; and
(2) All fees required by the Central Repository and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
D. The Board shall issue a license to an applicant who meets the requirements of this regulation.