A. The Board shall establish a Respiratory Care Professional Standards Committee composed of the following individuals:
(1) Three licensed respiratory care practitioners;
(2) One licensed physician whose specialty is thoracic surgery;
(3) One licensed physician whose specialty is pulmonary medicine;
(4) One licensed physician whose specialty is anesthesiology; and
(5) One consumer member who meets the requirements specified in Health Occupations Article, §14-5A-06(b), Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. The Committee shall elect a chair from among its members once every 2 years.
(1)The term of a member is 3 years.
(2) A member continues to serve until a successor is appointed.
(3) A member appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor has been appointed.
(4) A member may not serve more than 2 consecutive terms.
D. The Committee shall develop and make recommendations to the Board in the following areas:
(1) Code of ethics for the practice of respiratory care;
(2) Standards of care for the practice of respiratory care;
(3) Requirements for licensure of a respiratory care practitioner;
(4) Requirements for continuing education of a respiratory care practitioner; and
(5) Any other matters related to the practice of respiratory care.