A. Eligibility. The Board may grant a radiologist assistant permission to perform one or more of the procedures specified in Regulation .11E of this chapter based on the following criteria:
(1) Evidence of satisfactory completion of an adequate number of cases for the procedure being requested; and
(2) Level of supervision of the radiologist assistant, as specified by the radiologist.
B. Request. The radiologist and radiologist assistant shall jointly request approval to perform a special procedure by submitting a letter which includes the following information:
(1) Special procedures requested; and
(2) Documentation of satisfactory completion of an adequate number of cases of the procedure.
C. Training and Experience. Documentation of successful completion of cases of a procedure may include:
(1) Cases submitted to ARRT for registration as a registered radiologist assistant; and
(2) Other cases performed under the supervision of a radiologist who is present and observing the procedure.
D. Board Approval.
(1) Except as provided in §D(2) of this regulation, a licensed radiologist assistant may not perform any of the procedures specified in Regulation .11E of this chapter until the Board or its designee has approved the special procedure request submitted by the radiologist and radiologist assistant.
(2) A licensed radiologist assistant may perform a procedure for training purposes under the direct supervision of a radiologist who is:
(a) Physically present with the patient and the radiologist assistant; and
(b) Observing the performance of the procedure by the radiologist assistant.