A. The Board shall appoint members of the Polysomnographic Professional Standards Committee as follows:
(1) Three polysomnographic technologists who:
(a) Before October 1, 2009, are registered polysomnographic technologists; and
(b) On or after October 1, 2009, are both registered polysomnographic technologists and licensed polysomnographic technologists;
(2) Three licensed physicians with specialty certification in sleep medicine who are specialists in the following areas:
(a) One in psychiatry or internal medicine;
(b) One in pulmonary medicine; and
(c) One in neurology; and
(3) One consumer member who is a member of the general public and who:
(a) May not be or ever has been:
(i) A polysomnographic technologist;
(ii) A health care professional;
(iii) In training to be a polysomnographic technologist or other health care professional; or
(iv) A household member of a health care professional or an individual in training to be a health care professional; and
(b) May not:
(i) Participate, or ever have participated, in a commercial or professional field related to polysomnography;
(ii) Have a household member who participates in a commercial or professional field related to polysomnography;
(iii) Have had, within 2 years before appointment, a financial interest in a individual regulated by the Board; or
(iv) Have had, within 2 years before appointment, a financial interest in the provision of goods or services to polysomnographic technologists or to the field of polysomnography.
(1) The term of a member is 3 years.
(2) The terms of the members are staggered.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed.
(4) An individual may be reappointed for a second term but the individual may not serve more than two full consecutive terms.
(1) If a vacancy occurs, the Board shall appoint a new member to serve.
(2) The successor member shall only serve for the remainder of the term, unless reappointed.
(1) A majority of the members then serving on the Committee is a quorum.
(2) Business may not be conducted at a Committee meeting unless there is a quorum.
E. The Committee shall:
(1) Make recommendations to the Board regarding the practice of, and regulations governing, polysomnographic technologists;
(2) Make recommendations to the Board on the requirements for licensure as a polysomnographic technologist;
(3) Review selected applications for licensure as a polysomnographic technologist and make recommendations to the Board on the applications;
(4) At the request of the Board, review complaints against polysomnographic technologists and respond to the Board's questions; and
(5) Keep a record of the Committee's proceedings.