A. Composition. The Physician Assistant Advisory Committee shall be composed as required under Health Occupations Article, §15-202, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(1) The term of a member is 3 years.
(2) The initial terms of the members are staggered.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed.
(4) An individual may be reappointed for a second term but an individual may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
C. Vacancy. If a vacancy occurs as to a physician or physician assistant, the Board shall appoint a new member in the same category.
D. Officers. A Committee chairperson and a secretary shall be selected every 2 years by a majority vote of the membership of the Committee.
E. Removal. Upon the recommendation of the chairman, the Board, by a majority, may vote to remove any member of the Committee for:
(1) Neglect of duty;
(4) Misconduct; or
F. The Committee shall:
(1) Upon request, review selected applications for licensure, renewal, or reinstatement of physician assistants and make recommendations to the Board as to what action to take on the applications;
(2) Review each delegation agreement which requires prior approval by the Board and, as needed, interview each physician assistant and supervising physician to make recommendations to the Board;
(3) Make recommendations to the Board regarding regulations governing physician assistants; and
(4) Advise the Board on matters related to the practice of physician assistants.
G. The Committee may delegate a physician member and a physician assistant member of the Committee to conduct the interview of each physician assistant and supervising physician, as permitted under §F(2) of this regulation.