A. Requirements. An applicant for initial licensure by reciprocity shall:
(1) Have an active, unrestricted license to practice medicine in another jurisdiction that:
(a) At the time the applicant was licensed, had licensure requirements substantially equivalent to the Board’s current licensure requirements as set forth in Regulation .03 of this chapter; and
(b) Offers a similar reciprocal licensure process to physicians licensed by the Board;
(2) Be in good standing under the laws of every jurisdiction where the individual is licensed; and
(3) Submit to a State and national criminal history records check in accordance with Health Occupations Article, §14-308.1, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. Documentation. An applicant for initial licensure by reciprocity shall submit:
(1) An application for reciprocity on a form provided by the Board;
(2) The application fee as set by the Board;
(3) Evidence of compliance with §A of this regulation; and
(4) Any additional documentation set forth in Regulation .04 of this chapter that is needed for the Board to evaluate an application.
C. On receipt of the documentation required in §B of this regulation, the Board shall process the application for initial license by reciprocity in an expedited manner.
D. The Board may not issue a license if the criminal history records information, pursuant to §A of this regulation, has not been received.
E. After a license is issued, the licensee is subject to the Board’s jurisdiction and shall comply with all laws and regulations governing the practice of medicine in the State.