A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Advanced practice registered nurse (APRN)” means a registered nurse who is certified by the Board as:
(a) A certified nurse midwife (CNM);
(b) A certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA);
(c) A certified nurse practitioner (CRNP); or
(d) A clinical nurse specialist (CNS).
(2) “Board” means the Board of Nursing.
(3) “Certification” means the permission to practice as a clinical nurse specialist granted by the Board to a registered nurse who:
(a) Met all the specified requirements of a national certifying body recognized by the Board; and
(b) Complied with the requirements of this chapter.
(4) “Clinical nurse specialist” means an advanced practice registered nurse certified by the Board to practice as a clinical nurse specialist in this State.
(5) “Multistate licensure privilege” has the meaning set forth in COMAR 10.27.01.01B.
(6) “Registered nurse (RN)” means an individual who:
(a) Is licensed by the Board to practice registered nursing; or
(b) Has a multistate licensure privilege to practice registered nursing.