A. Endorsement Applicant.
(1) In addition to the requirement listed in Regulation .03 of this chapter and COMAR 10.27.01.09, an applicant from another state applying for certification to practice as a RN-FNE, RN-FNE-P, or RN-FNE-AP shall:
(a) Meet all applicable requirements in §§BC of this regulation;
(b) Provide evidence of an active practice as a sexual assault nurse examiner which meets the requirements for renewal of certification as stated in Regulation .07 of this chapter;
(c) Demonstrate competency of a three orifice evidentiary examination by simulation as verified by a Board approved RN-FNE educator;
(d) Complete the endorsement process within 6 months from the date of initial application;
(e) Complete in full the application for certification in the area of specialization; and
(f) Pay all fees established by the Board in COMAR 10.27.01.02.
(2) An applicant who does not meet the requirements for renewal under Regulation .07 of this chapter shall complete a Board approved refresher course which is 6.5 hours of didactic education including, but is not limited to:
(a) Evidence based best practice for forensic evidentiary examination;
(b) Evidence collection;
(c) Local jurisdiction requirements; and
(d) Maryland criminal law.
(3) An applicant who fails to meet the criteria for endorsement shall meet the requirements in Regulation .03 of this chapter.
B. An applicant from another state applying for certification to practice as a RN-FNE shall submit evidence of prior training and certification by providing the Board with:
(1) A current national SANE-A or SANE-P certification, or both, from IAFN; or
(2) Proof of successful completion of a SANE-A or RN-FNE-A, adult curriculum which is:
(a) Substantially equivalent to the Board’s approved RN-FNE-A curriculum; and
(b) A minimum of 80 clock hours that includes:
(i) A minimum of 40 clock hours of theory; and
(ii) A minimum of 40 clock hours of clinical experience with adults and individuals 13 years of age or older.
C. An applicant from another state applying for certification to practice as a RN-FNE-P or RN-FNE-AP, shall submit proof of successful completion of the following two curricula:
(1) A SANE-A curriculum as referenced in §A(1) of this regulation; and
(2) A SANE-P or RN-FNE-P, pediatric curriculum that is:
(a) Substantially equivalent to the Board-approved RN-FNE-P curriculum; and
(b) A minimum of 62 clock hours of instruction that includes:
(i) A minimum of 32 clock hours of theory; and
(ii) A minimum of 30 clock hours of pediatric clinical experience with individuals who are younger than 13 years of age.