A. An individual may be certified as:
(1) A registered nurse forensic nurse examiner-adult (RN-FNE-A);
(2) A registered nurse forensic nurse examiner-pediatric (RN-FNE-P); or
(3) A registered nurse forensic nurse examiner-adult/pediatric (RN-FNE-AP).
B. An applicant applying for certification to practice as an RN-FNE-A, RN-FNE-P or RN-FNE-AP shall:
(a) Hold a current license to practice as a registered nurse in Maryland; or
(b) Have a multistate licensure privilege to practice registered nursing;
(2) Have at least 18 months of continuous clinical experience as a registered nurse;
(3) Complete a training program that includes a standardized curriculum approved by the Board and designed for the RN-FNE-A;
(4) Complete in full the application for certification in the category selected; and
(5) Pay all fees established by the Board in COMAR 10.27.01.02.
C. In addition to the requirements listed in §B of this regulation, an applicant applying for certification as an RN-FNE-P or RN-FNE-AP shall complete a training program that includes the following standardized curricula approved by the Board:
(1) The standardized curriculum designed for the RN-FNE-A; and
(2) The standardized curriculum designed for the RN-FNE-P.
D. A registered nurse who has been certified by the Board as a SAFE on or after December 13, 1999 may be certified to practice as an RN-FNE-A, RN-FNE-P, or RN-FNE-AP if the individual:
(1) Submits a form required by the Board attesting that the individual has:
(a) Served in the role of SAFE for 200 hours in the previous 12 months;
(b) Obtained a total of 8 education clock hours in forensic science or forensic nursing in the previous 12 months;
(c) Completed three sexual assault evidentiary examinations in the previous 12 months with respect to:
(i) Adults and individuals 13 years old or older if applying for RN-FNE-A;
(ii) Children who are younger than 13 years old if applying for RN-FNE-P; or
(iii) Each category, if applying for RN-FNE-AP, for a total of six examinations; and
(2) Complies with all other requirements of this chapter.
E. The Board shall:
(1) Maintain an up-to-date list of all RNs certified to practice as RN-FNEs in the State; and
(2) Include on the RN's license an indication that the licensee is certified to practice as an RN-FNE, and a designation of the RN-FNE's area of specialization.