A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Applicant” means an individual who has submitted an application to the Board to be licensed as a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, electrologist, or direct-entry midwife or to be certified as an advanced practice registered nurse, a certified nursing assistant, or medication technician in this State.
(2) "Board" means the Maryland Board of Nursing.
(3) “Committee” means the Safe Practice Committee.
(4) “Certificate holder” means a certified nursing assistant or medication technician.
(5) “Certified nursing assistant” means an individual certified as a nursing assistant by the Board.
(6) “Licensee” means a direct-entry midwife, electrologist, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, or advanced practice registered nurse.
(7) “Licensed practical nurse” means an individual who is licensed by the Board to practice licensed practical nursing or has a multistate licensure privilege to practice licensed practical nursing.
(8) “Medication technician” means an individual certified as a medication technician by the Board.
(9) “Multistate licensure privilege” has the meaning set forth in COMAR 10.27.01.01B.
(10) “Nurse” means registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, or licensed practical nurse.
(11) “Participant” means a registered nurse, an advanced practice registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse, a certified nursing assistant, a medication technician, an electrologist, a licensed direct-entry midwife, or an applicant enrolled in the Safe Practice Program.
(12) “Program” means the Safe Practice Program.
(13) “Registered nurse (RN)” means an individual who:
(a) Is licensed by the Board to practice registered nursing; or
(b) Has a multistate licensure privilege to practice registered nursing.
(14) “Substance use disorder” means a disorder that occurs when an individual exhibits a pattern of behaviors ranging from the misuse of, dependence on, or addiction to drugs, alcohol, or other chemicals.