A. An applicant for certification as a CRNA shall:
(1) Hold a current Maryland license in good standing or a multistate licensure privilege to practice registered nursing in this State under the Nurse Licensure Compact;
(2) Have graduated from an education program in nurse anesthesia approved by the Board;
(3) Hold current national certification from the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists or from another national certifying body recognized by the Board;
(4) Submit to the Board a completed application for certification as a nurse anesthetist;
(5) Comply with all the requirements set forth in COMAR 10.27.01.04;
(6) Demonstrate oral and written competency in the English language; and
(7) Pay all fees.
B. If the applicantís nurse anesthetist program was completed after January 1, 2008, the applicant for certification as a CRNA shall also provide to the Board documentation that the applicant graduated from a graduate level accredited nurse anesthetist program with a masterís degree or higher.