A. A certified nurse midwife who provides clinical midwifery services across the reproductive lifespan shall:
(1) Maintain a medical record for each client; and
(2) In the case of a transfer of care to another provider or a facility, transfer the client’s medical records with the client.
B. A certified nurse midwife who provides clinical midwifery services shall have available at all times for examination by the Board, written clinical practice guidelines that cover all aspects of care, practice, and quality assurance, including but not limited to:
(1) A plan for emergency consultation;
(2) A plan for transfer of care; and
(3) If needed, a plan for admission of the client or newborn to a hospital within the client’s geographic area.