A. An applicant for certification as a nurse midwife shall:
(1) Hold a current Maryland license in good standing to practice registered nursing or a multistate licensure privilege to practice registered nursing;
(2) Have graduated from a Board-approved graduate level program for nurse midwives at the Mastersí level or higher that is accredited by:
(a) The National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC);
(b) The Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE);
(c) ACME; or
(d) Any other accrediting body recognized by the Board;
(3) Hold a current national certification as a nurse midwife from the AMCB or any other national certifying body recognized by the Board;
(4) Submit to the Board a completed application for certification as a nurse midwife;
(5) Submit an affidavit that the applicant agrees to comply at all times with the clinical practice guidelines in accordance with Regulation .01B(8) of this chapter when providing clinical midwifery services;
(6) Comply with all the requirement set forth in COMAR 10.27.01.04;
(7) Demonstrate written and oral competency in the English language; and
(8) Pay all fees.
B. If the applicantís nurse midwifery program was completed before July 1, 2014, and was not at a Masterís degree or higher level, but the applicant otherwise qualifies for certification, the applicant shall provide the Board with:
(1) Verification of completion of a nurse midwifery program recognized by AMCB; and
(2) Current national certification by AMCB or any other national certifying body recognized by the Board.