A. Individual Eligibility. An individual is eligible to receive TMH services if the individual:
(1) Is Medicaid eligible;
(2) Meets the eligibility and medical necessity criteria for participation in the Public Mental Health System;
(3) Resides in one of the designated rural geographic areas or whose situation makes person-to-person psychiatric services unavailable; and
(4) Voluntarily consents to TMH services, which shall be documented in the individual's medical record.
B. Individual Provider Eligibility. A provider of TMH services shall be a psychiatrist who:
(1) Has an active:
(a) License to practice psychiatry in Maryland; and
(b) Medicaid provider number;
(2) Complies with professional practice standards; and
(3) Completes a registration to provide TMH health services.
C. Originating Site Facility Eligibility. The following Maryland sites may be approved as an originating site for THM health service delivery:
(1) County government offices appropriate for private clinical evaluation services;
(2) Critical Access Hospital;
(3) Federally Qualified Health Center;
(5) Outpatient mental health center;
(6) Physician's office;
(7) Rural Health Clinic;
(8) Elementary, middle, high, or technical school with a supported nursing, counseling or medical office; or
(9) College or university student health or counseling office.
D. Distant Site Location Eligibility. An approved distant TMH location shall be within the State.