A. The following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Maryland Department of Health.
(2) "Applicant" means a child or adolescent who is the subject of an application for admission to a RICA.
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Maryland Department of Health.
(4) "Mental disorder" means a behavioral or emotional illness that results from a psychiatric or neurological disorder and is referenced in Health-General Article, §10-620(e)(1), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(5) "Resident" means a child or adolescent who is admitted to a RICA for residential treatment.
(6) "Residential treatment" means a program of active psychiatric treatment that is provided on a residential basis, under the direction of a psychiatrist, and in conformity with an individualized treatment plan.
(7) "RICA" means a Regional Institute for Children and Adolescents.