A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)” means the medical condition caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
(2) “Applicant” means an individual who has submitted an application to the Maryland AIDS Drug Assistance Program—Plus and whose eligibility status for the Maryland AIDS Drug Assistance Program—Plus has not yet determined.
(3) “Core medical services” means a set of direct health care services as specified by the Ryan White Care Act Part B Program administered by the U.S. Health Resource and Services Administration.
(4) “Department” means the Maryland Department of Health.
(5) “Enrolled in MADAP” means that an applicant has been approved to receive Maryland AIDS Drug Assistance Program benefits.
(6) “Health care provider” means an individual licensed to provide core medical services in the state where services are rendered.
(7) “Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)” means the virus that causes AIDS.
(8) “Maryland AIDS Drug Assistance Program (MADAP)” means the program administered by the Department that provides services specified in COMAR 10.18.06.04 for enrolled recipients.
(9) “Maryland AIDS Drug Assistance Program—Plus (MADAP-Plus)” means the program administered by the Department to pay insurance premiums, copays, coinsurance, and deductibles for drugs and core medical services.
(10) “Medical Assistance” has the meaning stated in COMAR 10.09.24.02.
(11) “Open formulary” means all U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved prescription medications and related devices that are not on the list of excluded drugs and other products maintained by the Department according to COMAR 10.18.06.04-1.
(12) “Recipient” means an individual who is enrolled in MADAP-Plus.
(13) “Verification of eligibility” means the information a recipient provides to the Department to confirm that the recipient is still eligible to receive MADAP benefits according to COMAR 10.18.05.03B(1)(a).