A. Except as provided in §B of this regulation, an owner shall ensure that a recreational pool, semipublic pool, or public spa has:
(1) A bathhouse, toilets, hand sinks, and showers within 100 feet of an entrance gate to the pool or spa in accordance with the American National Standard for Public Swimming Pools, Articles 126.96.36.199;
(2) At least a minimum number of toilets, hand sinks, and showers based on:
(a) The maximum user load of the pool or spa set forth in Regulation .19 of this chapter;
(b) Fixture ratios set forth in §A(1) of this regulation; and
(c) State and local building codes;
(3) 50 percent of the required fixtures designated for use by each sex, unless the pool or spa is for one sex only; and
(4) At least 50 percent of the required showers located within a bathhouse.
B. An owner is not required to provide toilet, hand sink, and shower facilities at a recreational pool, semipublic pool, or public spa when bathers have access to equivalent facilities in:
(1) Living quarters not more than 500 feet from a pool or a spa entrance; or
(2) A building or buildings not more than 500 feet from a pool or a spa entrance.
C. An owner shall ensure that equivalent facilities used by recreational pool, semipublic pool, or public spa bathers and patrons of a recreational center, health club, marina, or other facility are in compliance with:
(1) Section A of this regulation; and
(2) State or local plumbing codes regarding fixtures and dressing area for the patrons sharing the equivalent facilities.