A. All of the following records may be kept electronically:
(1) A health log;
(2) A camper health record;
(3) A staff or volunteer health record;
(4) A Medication Administration Authorization Form;
(5) A Medication Administration Form;
(6) A Medication Final Disposition Form; or
(7) When an operator uses standing orders for medication administration, a parent or guardian consent form.
B. The camp operator shall ensure that an electronic record under §A of this regulation is:
(1) Capturing the same required information as the paper record being replaced;
(2) Password protected;
(3) Accessed only by authorized staff members;
(4) Permanent and will not be deleted;
(5) Capable of tracking staff member use of the system and producing an auditable record;
(6) Maintained in a confidential manner;
(7) Available at all times for review by the Department upon request; and
(8) Retained for a period of 3 years.
C. If the electronic record under §A of this regulation is unavailable for any reason, the camp operator shall:
(1) Provide a paper health log that meets the requirements of Regulation .05 of this chapter;
(2) Record all injuries, illnesses, medication errors, and reportable diseases and conditions as defined in COMAR 10.06.01 in the paper health log until access to the electronic record is restored;
(3) Transcribe all information recorded in the paper health log into the electronic record once access to the electronic record is restored;
(4) Annotate the paper health log to indicate that transcription has occurred;
(5) Retain the paper health log according to the time frame specified in Regulation .05 of this chapter; and
(6) Provide an alternative means to access the electronic record.