A. An operator shall ensure that a specialized activity safety plan is developed and implemented according to §C of this regulation for a camp that offers a specialized activity or program of:
(1) Firearms control;
(2) Adventure camping;
(3) Artistic gymnastics;
(4) Hang gliding;
(5) Road cycling;
(7) Rock climbing;
(9) Motorized vehicle activities;
(10) Rappelling; or
(11) High ropes.
B. Staff Members. For a camp that offers a specialized activity set forth in §A of this regulation, an operator shall ensure that during the specialized activity:
(1) A director is present at the camp or, when the activity occurs off the camp premises, the activity site;
(2) An instructor is present at the specialized activity; and
(3) One adult staff member, adult volunteer, counselor, or assistant counselor is on duty and supervising the campers for each group of ten campers or fraction of ten campers.
C. Procedures. An operator shall ensure that a safety plan is developed and implemented:
(1) According to Regulation .52 of this chapter; and
(2) That includes procedures for meeting the requirements of §B of this regulation.
D. Except when an auto-belay system is utilized, an individual participating in rock climbing or high ropes activities, regardless of whether the activity occurs on manufactured equipment or natural formations, shall wear a helmet.