A. Except as provided in §C of this regulation, an operator shall ensure that:
(1) Toilet facilities are constructed, located, and maintained to prevent a:
(a) Nuisance; or
(b) Public health hazard;
(2) For residential camps, one toilet is provided for each 15 campers or fraction of 15 campers;
(3) For day camps, one toilet is provided for each 35 campers or fraction of 35 campers;
(4) If separate toilet facilities for boys and girls are in the same building, the facilities:
(a) Are separated by a solid wall from floor to roof or ceiling; and
(b) Have self-closing doors or another means that affords privacy;
(5) If separate toilet facilities are provided for boys and girls, they are distinctly marked "boys" and "girls" in:
(a) Universal symbols; or
(b) The native language of the campers expected to use the facility;
(6) Toilet tissue on a holder is furnished adjacent to a toilet;
(7) A toilet facility has adequate:
(a) Mechanical exhaust; or
(b) Natural ventilation; and
(8) A toilet facility is located within 300 feet of each housing unit.
B. An operator may substitute urinals constructed of non-absorbent materials for boys' toilets on the basis of one urinal for one toilet up to a maximum of 1/3 of those facilities required.
C. Sections A and B of this regulation do not apply to a primitive camp.