A. Alternative Accreditation Organization.
(1) A person seeking the Department's approval for alternative accreditation shall:
(a) Apply to the Department for approval of the alternative accreditation; and
(b) Submit to the Department documentation that verifies that the accreditation organization:
(i) Maintains accreditation standards that provide the same level of health and safety protection for the campers as required by this chapter;
(ii) Monitors for and ascertains complete compliance with its standards annually;
(iii) Periodically assesses the reliability of the monitoring process;
(iv) Records the results of the monitoring visit on a defined form;
(v) Identifies conditions that could adversely affect the health or safety of the campers;
(vi) Notifies the camp operator to correct deficiencies by a specific date;
(vii) Provides one copy of the monitoring report to the person in charge of the youth camp; and
(viii) Provides the accreditation organization the original monitoring report and the Department a copy of the monitoring report.
(2) When a camp is accredited by an alternative accreditation approved by the Department and the accreditation organization suspends, revokes, or discontinues the youth camp's accreditation, the accreditation organization shall notify the Department of the suspension, revocation, or reasons to discontinue camp:
(a) By telephone within 24 hours; and
(b) In writing within 3 calendar days.
B. The Department:
(1) Shall review the alternate accreditation proposal submitted by the camping organization within 60 calendar days from receipt of the documentation;
(2) Shall accept alternative accreditation as fulfilling the requirements of this chapter when the alternative accreditation:
(a) Complies with §A of this regulation; and
(b) Is approved by the Department;
(3) May suspend, deny, or revoke approval for the alternative accreditation when the accreditation organization fails to comply with §A of this regulation;
(4) Shall give the person whose alternative accreditation is suspended, denied, or revoked:
(a) Written notice of the suspension, denial, or revocation of approval for the alternative accreditation;
(b) The reasons for the suspension, denial, or revocation; and
(c) An opportunity for a hearing in accordance with Regulation .17 of this chapter;
(5) May inspect a camp that is accredited by an accreditation organization approved by the Department, according to Regulation .09 of this chapter;
(6) May investigate a complaint received about the camp;
(7) May deny, suspend, or revoke the accredited youth camp's certificate or letter of compliance; and
(8) May issue an order to abate a violation or an order to cease operation.
C. The camp operator shall:
(a) An application as required in Regulation .08 of this chapter; and
(b) With the application, documentation of the camp's current accreditation from the accreditation organization that is approved by the Department;
(2) Obtain a youth camp certificate or letter of compliance issued by the Department as required in Regulation .07 of this chapter;
(3) When a camp is accredited by an alternative accreditation approved by the Department and the youth camp's accreditation is suspended, revoked, or discontinued by the accreditation organization, notify the Department of the suspension, revocation, or reasons to discontinue camp:
(a) By telephone within 24 hours; and
(b) In writing within 3 calendar days;
(4) Close a camp:
(a) Whose accreditation from an accreditation organization approved by the Department is suspended, revoked, or discontinued; and
(b) Whose certificate or letter of compliance from the Department is denied, suspended, or revoked; and
(5) If the operator wishes to reopen the camp, apply for and obtain a certificate or letter of compliance in accordance with this chapter.