A. Floors Construction.
(1) The floors of all rooms shall be kept in good repair subject to the following provisions:
(a) Rooms used for storing milk products or frozen desserts ingredients need not be provided with floor drains when the floors are sloped to drain to one or more exits;
(b) Rooms used for the hardening and storage of frozen desserts are not required to have floor drains or sloped floors;
(c) Storage rooms for storing dry ingredients, dry milk products, or packaging materials need not be provided with drains, and the floors may be constructed of tightly joined wood; and
(d) Construction of establishments which freeze and sell only at retail on the premises, shall require that the portion of the room in which the freezer is installed and the room in which containers or utensils are washed have solid impervious floors of an approved washable material;
(2) The floors of all rooms except as provided in §A(1)(a)(c) of this regulation shall be:
(a) Constructed of concrete or other equally impervious and easily cleaned material;
(c) Properly sloped; and
(d) Provided with trapped drains.
B. Walls and Ceilings Construction. Walls and ceilings of rooms in which milk products, frozen desserts ingredients, and frozen desserts are handled, processed, packaged, or stored, or in which product-contact containers, utensils, and equipment are washed, shall have a surface that is:
(3) Light colored; and
(4) In good repair.
C. Doors and Windows.
(1) Effective means shall be provided to prevent the access of flies and rodents.
(2) Air screens and flaps may be used where they effectively prevent the entrance of insects.
(3) Openings to the outside shall have solid doors or glazed windows which shall be closed during dusty weather.
(4) Outside doors shall be self-closing where practicable.
D. Lighting and Ventilation. Rooms in which milk products, frozen desserts ingredients, or frozen desserts are handled, processed, stored, and packaged, or in which product-contact containers, utensils, and equipment are washed shall be well lit and well ventilated.
E. Separate Rooms.
(1) There shall be separate rooms for the following:
(a) Pasteurizing, processing, cooling, freezing, and packaging;
(c) Cleaning of milk cans and containers; and
(d) Boiler rooms.
(2) Receiving Rooms.
(a) A plant receiving milk products or mix in bulk transport tanks shall provide a receiving room for receiving, cleaning, and sanitizing transport tanks.
(b) Unless all milk products and mix are received in bulk transport tanks, a receiving room separate from the rooms listed in §E(1) of this regulation, is required.
(3) Rooms in which milk products, frozen dessert ingredients, or frozen desserts are handled, processed, stored, or packaged, or in which product-contact containers, utensils, and equipment are washed or stored, may not open directly into any room for domestic purposes.
F. Sanitary Piping.
(1) Sanitary piping, fittings, and connections which are exposed to milk products, frozen dessert ingredients, and frozen desserts mix, or from which liquids may drip, drain, or be drawn into the product, shall be constructed of material that is:
(d) Nontoxic; and
(e) Easily cleanable.
(2) Piping shall be kept in good repair.
(3) Pasteurized milk products, frozen dessert ingredients, and frozen desserts mix shall be conducted from one piece of equipment to another only through sanitary piping as described in Items 10p. and 11p. in the Grade “A” Pasteurized Milk Ordinance.