A. Subject to any limitations imposed under §B of this regulation, the following persons are eligible to receive a grant from the Department for cancer research, primary prevention, secondary prevention, or treatment:
(4) Educational institutions;
(5) Local health departments;
(6) Governmental entities; and
(7) Another person or organization with expertise in cancer research, primary prevention, secondary prevention, or treatment.
B. The Department may limit the persons eligible to receive a grant in §A of this regulation based on:
(1) Availability of funds; and
(2) The Department's ability to account for and monitor the grant funding.
C. In order to be eligible to receive a grant, an applicant:
(1) May be a nonprofit or for-profit entity;
(2) Shall have an office located in Maryland; and
(3) May only propose work that will serve or benefit one or more Maryland residents.