A. If the Department determines that a deficiency or deficiencies exist, the Secretary may impose sanctions against the licensee.
B. The Secretary may impose the following sanctions, as appropriate:
(1) Direct the licensee to correct the deficiencies in a specific manner or within a specific time frame, or both;
(2) Require the center to use the services of a management firm that is approved by the Department;
(3) Mandate staffing patterns that specify the number of personnel or personnel qualifications, or both;
(4) Appoint a State monitor, as described in Regulation .44 of this chapter;
(5) Restrict the number of participants that a center may admit;
(6) Impose a civil money penalty;
(7) Impose emergency suspension of license; and
(8) Deny or revoke a license.
C. If the Secretary determines that the licensee has violated a condition or requirement of an imposed sanction the Secretary may revoke the license.
(1) A licensee that is aggrieved by the imposition of a sanction under §B(4)(8) or C of this regulation may appeal the Secretary's action by filing a request for a hearing in accordance with Regulation .53 of this chapter.
(2) A licensee that is aggrieved by the imposition of a sanction under §B(2) and (3) of this regulation may request a show cause hearing before the Director of the Office of Health Care Quality to show cause why these remedies should not be enforced.