A. Whether prepared on-site or off-site, food shall:
(1) Be prepared and served under sanitary conditions; and
(2) Meet the requirements of COMAR 10.15.03.
B. The Department shall approve all plans for the construction and renovation of facilities and equipment in food service areas.
C. All food service areas shall include, at a minimum:
(1) At least one hand-washing sink;
(2) At least one three-compartment sink or one commercial grade dishwashing machine;
(3) Surfaces, floors, walls, cabinets, and counters, that is easily cleanable;
(4) Adequate and separate storage for dry food goods;
(5) Adequate refrigerated storage for perishable and frozen foods;
(6) Adequate and separate storage for cleaning products and chemical agents;
(7) Adequate and separate facilities for housekeeping of the food service area or areas;
(8) A minimum of one Class ABC fire extinguisher, in or adjacent to all food service area or areas;
(9) A minimum of one telephone, with posted emergency telephone numbers, close to all food service area or areas; and
(10) For new construction, a separate entrance for deliveries and removal of refuse, with exterior storage of refuse near the food service area or areas.
D. In centers where food service area or areas are used for activities, the center shall take precautions to prevent participant access to cleaning products and other potentially dangerous utensils or equipment.