A. Special Services.
(1) The center shall provide or make arrangements for the services listed in §A(2)(8) of this regulation when the center admits participants that require these services.
(2) Diet Modifications. The center shall provide special diets and other diet modifications as ordered by the participantís health care provider.
(3) Rehabilitative Services. Rehabilitative services may include:
(a) Physical therapy;
(b) Occupational therapy; and
(c) Speech pathology provided directly, or indirectly, through arrangements with qualified personnel.
(4) Social Services. A licensed social worker shall provide social work services to participants. If social and emotional needs are identified during the assessment that is required in Regulation .10 of this chapter, a licensed social worker shall be consulted before the establishment of goals to meet those needs.
(5) Mental Health Services. When mental health needs are identified, the program shall seek consultation from a mental health professional authorized under the Health Occupations Article, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) Services for the Developmentally Disabled. For individuals provided residential services through the Developmental Disabilities Administration, the center shall incorporate the individual plan (IP) in the development of the individual's plan of care and the activities plan.
(7) Medical Consultation. The center may use specialists on a part-time or consultant basis in:
(c) Orthopedics; or
(d) Other specialties according to the needs of the participants.
(8) Other Special Services. The center may provide the following services as needed:
(a) Alcoholism counseling;
(d) Nutrition counseling;
(e) Health education; and
(f) Other services depending upon need.
(1) Except as otherwise provided, when regular employment status, full-time or part-time, is not justified by the needs of the participants, the center may use consultants to meet the service and training needs of the center.
(2) When the center uses the services of a consultant, these services shall be specified in a written agreement that is signed and dated by the consultant and the center director.