A. The surgical abortion facility shall have an effective procedure for the transfer of patients to a nearby hospital when care beyond the capabilities of the facility is required.
B. Procedures for emergency transfer to a hospital shall include, at a minimum:
(1) Written protocols and procedures related to emergency transfer procedures;
(2) A mechanism for notifying the hospital of a pending emergency case;
(3) A mechanism for arranging appropriate transportation to the hospital;
(4) Protocols for transmitting a copy of the patient's medical record to the hospital; and
(5) Appropriate training for staff in the facility’s written protocols and procedures.