A. Basic Life Support. Licensed personnel employed by the facility shall have certification in basic life support. A licensed staff individual trained in basic life support shall be on duty whenever there is a patient in the facility.
B. The facility shall have:
(1) A registered nurse available on site for emergency treatment whenever there is a post-operative surgical abortion patient in the facility; and
(2) At least one physician available by phone 24 hours a day to respond to emergency situations.
C. When sedation or general anesthesia is administered, the facility shall have at least the following emergency equipment available to the procedure rooms:
(2) Mechanical ventilatory assistance including airways and manual breathing bag;
(3) Automated external defibrillator (AED);
(4) Equipment to monitor blood pressure, pulse, and oxygen levels;
(5) Suction equipment; and
(6) Emergency medical equipment and supplies specified by the medical staff.
D. When general anesthesia is administered, a facility shall have available in the procedure room:
(2) Endotracheal tubes; and
(3) Cardiac monitoring equipment.