A. Employment. An individual applying for certification under this chapter shall be currently employed by:
(1) The Department;
(2) The Maryland State Police;
(3) The Baltimore City Police Department;
(4) The police department or a municipality or county in this State; or
(5) A private forensic laboratory licensed by the Maryland Department of Health that has a contract with a Maryland law enforcement agency to provide testing services for controlled dangerous substances.
B. Employment Certification. An applicant's supervisor shall certify that the applicant is currently employed by an agency listed in §A of this regulation by signing the employment certification section of the application.
C. Certification and Automatic Decertification.
(1) Certification under this chapter is only valid when the individual is employed by an agency listed in §A of this regulation.
(2) An individual certified under this chapter is automatically decertified when the individual:
(a) Is no longer employed by the agency that certified employment;
(b) Retires from the agency that certified employment; or
(c) Changes employment from one agency listed in §A of this regulation to another agency listed in §A of this regulation.
(3) An individual shall reapply for certification under this chapter if the individual is:
(a) Rehired by the same agency that previously certified employment; or
(b) Hired by a different agency listed in §A of this regulation.