A. A provider shall meet all conditions for participation as set forth in COMAR 10.09.36.03.
B. The provider shall also:
(1) Be certified by CMS to furnish portable X-ray services;
(2) Meet the licensure requirements as provided in Regulation .02 of this chapter;
(3) Meet performance standards in accordance with 42 CFR §410.33(g);
(4) Ensure that portable X-ray services are rendered under the supervision of a qualified physician in accordance with 42 CFR §486.102;
(5) Ensure that portable X-ray services are rendered by a qualified technician in accordance with 42 CFR §486.104;
(6) Ensure that portable X-ray services performed for Medical Assistance recipients are ordered by a doctor of medicine or a doctor of osteopathy and records are properly preserved in accordance with 42 CFR §486.106;
(7) Ensure that inspections of all X-ray equipment and shielding are made by qualified individuals at intervals not greater than 24 months in accordance with 42 CFR §486.110; and
(8) Identify the ordering practitioner who authorized the diagnostic services by either:
(a) Recording the National Provider Identifier (NPI) number for the individual practitioner on the claim; or
(b) Recording the name and NPI of the authorized ordering practitioner on the invoice and attaching to the invoice a copy of the properly completed order that identifies the authorized ordering practitioner.