A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administrator" means the third party that contracts with the Department to administer the Program.
(2) "Annual household income" has the meaning stated in Regulation .02B of this chapter.
(3) “Department” means the Maryland Department of Health.
(4) "Eligible individual" means an individual who meets the criteria set forth in Regulation .02A of this chapter:
(5) "Enrollee" means an individual enrolled in the Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program.
(6) "Household member" means:
(a) An eligible individual;
(b) The spouse of an eligible individual if the spouse resides in the same residence as the eligible individual; and
(c) An individual who:
(i) Is related to an eligible individual by blood, marriage, or adoption;
(ii) Resides in the same residence as the eligible individual; and
(iii) Is dependent on the eligible individual or the spouse of the eligible individual for at least one-half of the individual's support.
(7) "Prescription drug plan sponsor" means a nongovernmental entity that is certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as meeting the requirements of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003 for offering in the State:
(a) A Medicare Part D prescription drug plan; or
(b) A Medicare Advantage Plan that provides prescription drug benefits.
(8) "Program" means the Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program established under Health-General Article, Title 15, Subtitle 10, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(9) "Program Fund" means the Fund established under Insurance Article, §15-1004, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(10) "Reasonable administrative expenses" means administrative expenses including, but not limited to, marketing, advertising, mailing, printing, and fully allocated costs for administration of the Program.
(11) Support and Maintenance Furnished in-Kind.
(a) "Support and maintenance furnished in-kind" means any food or shelter that is:
(i) Given to an eligible individual or the spouse of an eligible individual without cost; or
(ii) Received by an eligible individual or the spouse of an eligible individual because another person has paid the cost.
(b) "Support and maintenance in-kind" includes the provision of room, rent, garbage collection services, mortgage payments, real property tax payments, and heating fuel, gas, electricity, water, and sewage payments.