A. A provider of health care services delivered through telehealth shall adopt and implement technology in a manner that supports the standard of care to deliver the required service.
B. A provider of health services delivered through telehealth shall, at a minimum, meet the following technology requirements:
(1) A camera that has the ability to manually or under remote control provide multiple views of a patient with the capability of altering the resolution, focus, and zoom requirements according to the service;
(2) Unless engaging in a telehealth communication with a participant who is deaf or hard of hearing, audio equipment that ensures clear communication and includes echo cancellation;
(3) Bandwidth speed and image resolution sufficient to provide quality video to meet a minimum of 15 frames per second, or higher, as industry standards change;
(4) Display monitor size sufficient to support diagnostic needs used in the telehealth services; and
(5) Create video and audio transmission with less than 300 millisecond delay.