A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Affordable Care Act” means the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (Pub.L.111-148), as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Pub.L.111-152), as amended by the Three Percent Withholding Repeal and Job Creation Act (Pub.L.112-56).
(2) Authorized Representative” has the meaning stated in COMAR 10.01.04.12.
(3) “Designee” means any entity designated to act on behalf of the Department such as:
(a) Baltimore City or a county social services department under the supervision of the Department of Human Services;
(b) Baltimore City Health Department and its subgrantees, or a county health department; and
(c) The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange.
(4) “Insurance Affordability Program” means a program that is one of the following:
(i) The Maryland State Medicaid program;
(ii) The Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), including the program known as Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP) Premium;
(iii) An optional State basic health program established under §1331 of the Affordable Care Act;
(iv) A program that makes available to qualified individuals coverage in a qualified health plan through the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange with advance payments of the premium tax credit established under §36B of the Internal Revenue Code; and
(v) A program that makes available coverage in a qualified health plan through the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange with cost-sharing reductions established under §1402 of the Affordable Care Act.
(5) “MAGI” means modified adjusted gross income, as calculated for purposes of determining eligibility for insurance affordability programs under the Affordable Care Act.
(6) “MAGI exempt coverage group” means a coverage group as described under Regulation .03 of this chapter whose eligibility is not determined by MAGI or by the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange.
(7) “Maryland Health Benefit Exchange” means the unit of State government that determines initial and continuing eligibility for the MAGI based insurance affordability programs, including, by delegation, certain eligibility in the program.