A. A person shall be licensed by the Secretary before the person may operate a facility in the State.
B. An applicant for a license shall:
(1) Submit to the Secretary an application:
(a) In the form and manner prescribed by the Secretary on the written or electronic form provided by the Secretary; and
(b) Signed and verified by the applicant; and
(2) Pay to the Secretary an application fee in the amount provided in COMAR 10.07.15.
C. The Secretary shall issue a license to an applicant who meets the requirements of these regulations.
D. A license authorizes the licensee to operate a facility while it is effective and is not transferable.
E. Term and Renewal of License.
(1) A license expires on the first anniversary of its effective date unless it is renewed for a 1-year term as provided in this section.
(2) Before the license expires, the licensee may renew it for another 1-year term, if the licensee submits to the Secretary:
(a) A renewal application in the form and manner prescribed by the Secretary on the written or electronic form provided by the Secretary;
(b) Satisfactory evidence of compliance with any requirement of the regulations for license renewal; and
(c) The license renewal fee provided in COMAR 10.07.15.
F. The Secretary may:
(1) Deny a license to any applicant;
(2) Deny the renewal of a license to a licensee; or
(3) Revoke a license of a licensee if the applicant or licensee does not meet the requirements of this chapter.