A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Advanced life support" means initial resuscitation or emergency care provided to a patient with a serious illness or injury.
(2) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Health.
(3) "Facility" means a limited service hospital.
(4) "License" means a license issued by the Secretary to operate a limited service hospital in this State.
(5) "Limited service hospital" means a health care facility that:
(a) Is licensed as a hospital on or after January 1, 1999;
(b) Changes the type or scope of health care services offered by eliminating the facility's capability to admit or retain patients for overnight hospitalization; and
(c) Retains an emergency or urgent care center for the purpose of providing advanced life support.